14 Aug 2011

The Look Fashion Show


The following two pictures were taken at my Final Degree Exhibition in university last Summer.  I studied Fine Art and found any excuse to get fashion into my work.  The idea behind the work was to help people see fashion as an art.  In my opinion, a fashion designer is a much an artist as a painter..they just use different tools.


Having graduated last Summer, I have felt a huge void of creativity in my life.  I moved back to Mid Wales and have a 9-5, Monday to Friday job in a solicitors office.  Not exactly a creative environment.  I have tried to fill this creative void by designing and creating clothes, shopping for new trends, starting my own handmade jewellery business (The Robin's Bobbin) and helping to organise a fashion show in association with Oxfam and People Tree (which is something I am currently working on), however I still have that gap, that something I need to do... 

I need to attend London Fashion Week and the Look Show!

It would be a wonderful opportunity to experience a catwalk show and for all of the clothes to be so accessible to all of us Look readers makes it all the more sweeter.

I would love the chance for my blog to be one of the online articles where people can find out exactly what it was like to be at the Look Show and to get that sneak peek into London Fashion Week and what goes on with a view from the Front Row.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment